Global Scholar is an intensive two-week academic enrichment program that cultivates young global leaders who both understand global challenges and have the skills to build a more peaceful, healthy, just and sustainable world. Program highlights include:
- seminars with policy experts on key global challenges like security, climate change, and the rights of women and girls
- visits to embassies, Capitol Hill, think tanks and other D.C. institutions
- workshops on leadership, communications, advocacy and policymaking
- a campaign competition and a G8 policy simulation
- and of course, exploring beautiful Washington D.C. in the summertime! We visit the Kennedy Center, the Smithsonian museums and even go to a Nationals game!
Global Scholar is the only summer program on global issues that offers a robust mix of both seminars and skillbuilding; we believe that students shouldn’t just get informed, they should get activated to build a better world. Find out more online at: www.globalscholar.org.
We’re offering two sessions this year:
Global Scholar Prep Session 1: July 1-13, 2012
Global Scholar Prep Session 2: July 15-27, 2012
** We are pleased to be able to offer four new partial scholarships to attend this summer’s session, specifically for students interested in US-Muslim / interfaith word. Interested applications should contact us as soon as possible at:firstname.lastname@example.org. **
For more information please visit http://www.globalscholar.org/