World Faith is a global nonprofit with the mission to end religious violence. We have chapters across eight countries, which bring young people of different religious identities to collaborate in development projects in their local community.
We are seeking qualified candidates to join our Board of Directors. While no previous experience as a member of an organizational board is necessary, commitment to make a meaningful contribution toward ending religious violence is a must.
Members of the World Faith Board of Directors are expected to:
- Be passionate about interfaith collaboration toward global development
- Pledge to give or get $2,000 in 2019, to increase as we grow. Qualifying contributions include:
- Personal donation
- Facilitating other individual donations
- Securing a grant or other contribution from an organization, foundation, or company
- Remain dedicated to the governance of a growing nonprofit, and the unique challenges that come with it. This includes approving budgets, overseeing staff hiring, and meeting the legal requirements of directing a 501(c)3 nonprofit.
- Attend at least three board meetings per year (out of four).
- Complete at least one operational support service per year, including but not limited to:
- Legally required functions like review of tax documents
- Mentorship of chapters
- Spearheading a grant proposal
- Training our volunteers and leaders
- Maintain a public profile that is congruent with the values and mission of World Faith.
- Bring their full selves, with passion and professionalism, to serving World Faith’s mission to the best of their abilities.
To apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to info at worldfaith dot org by January 24!
Candidates with professional experience in law, finance/taxes, fundraising, academic research, monitoring & evaluations, communications, and management are especially desired.